To be eligible for an admission you need:
Proof of Dutch language proficiency, which shows you have sufficient knowledge of the Dutch language to attend the lectures (not necessary for the programmes taught in English).
- You can present proof of at least one year of secondary education entirely given in Dutch and which you completed successfully.
- You can present proof a degree programme or one or more course units, with an accumulated value of at least 60 ECTS, entirely given in Dutch and which you completed successfully.
- You can present a Dutch language certificate with a score of which equals at least B2 (Vantage) of the European Framework of References. This equals a level 5 at the Universitair Centrum voor Talenonderwijs Gent, a degree 3 level 8 at a CVO (Centrum voor Volwassenonderwijs) or a certificate “Nederlands als vreemde taal” with a “professionele taalvaardigheid” profile given by the ‘Nederlandse Taalunie’.
To be either
- At least 21 years of age on December 31st of the upcoming academic year you can register for, or
- A refugee or displaced person, without age restriction, or
- A virtuoso, being a person who masters a certain art form in an exceptional manner, without age restriction (het woord ‘kunstdiscipline’ ook aan te passen in NL versie!), or
- Student applicants who have successfully finished the AuGent HAVO track, without age restriction
The admission check procedure starts with an intake conversation in Dutch at University College Ghent. Candidates will be informed about the concrete procedure by e-mail, after contacting our staff.
If you wish to enroll for a course in the study area of arts, then you will have to pass for both the admission research and the artistic admission or orientation test. More information can be found on the following websites: