Sustainable producing of goods means that during the production process the impact on the environment and the climate is the primary consideration, with applying methods as limiting the use of (fossil fuel based) energy and fair trade with the suppliers.
- Fairtrade coffee and cocoa powder based products
- Ubuntu cola and Oxfam orange juice
- Fairtrade snacks in the vending machines
- Fairtrade candy in the Resto Bijloke, Mercator, Vesalius, Melle and the Ledeganck Cafeteria
- Daily vegetarian dish and vegetarian sandwiches
- Warm dishes and sandwiches with fish
- Seasonal fruits
Our participation in…
- The Fairtrade Week
- Sustainable Thursday à choice of two different vegetarian dishes and one sustainable fish dish in the Resto Bijloke, Mercator, Vesalius and Melle.
- 40 Days without Meat
- Abolishing of tuna on the menu (endangered species)
Waste is sorted by both the kitchen and the customers. In order to reduce the oversupplies on food, the amount of food prepared after 13h is limited. All the plastic used in our restaurants can be recycled.