Making your services universal and inclusive implies a lot of changes and is not always an easy way to go. However, University College Ghent quickly adapted an attitude in which it removed many obstacles that reduced the accessibility for disabled students. We are thoroughly convinced of the fact that education is available for everyone.
At the moment we have found various solutions to make the experience for a disabled student much more convenient. We offer support for students with:
• Motoric disability (e.g.: MS, chronic backache, rheumatism,…)
• Auditory disability (e.g.: hard of hearing, deafness,…)
• Visual disability (e.g.: bad eyesight, visual impaired, colour-blind,…)
• Learning disability (e.g.: dyslexia, dyscalculia,…)
• Psychiatric disability (e.g.: ADHD, Autism Spectrum Condition,…)
• Chronic illness (diabetes, epilepsy, astma, CVS, Chron’s disease,…)
• Multiple disabilities
We also would like to stress that every student and every disorder is unique, just like every programme we offer. We study each case individually and with care, in order to guarantee a full participation to the programme of your choice.
Also our exchange students, incoming and outgoing, can count on the support of our Social Service Division for arranging the practicalities for your stay here or abroad.
Social Service Division
+32 9 243 37 38
Tue-Fri from 1 am to 4:30 am CET
Tue-Fri from 8 am to 12 pm CET (appointments only)
Monday from 8 am to 4:30 am CET (appointments only)