Qualification of Nutrition and Dietetics
Academic year: 2019-20
Field of Study: Health Care
Study load: 180
The study programme is geared to the practice of the paramedic professions of the dietitian and the profession of nutritionist.
Learning outcome 1 Clinical Nutritional Care Provider/Practioner
Programme-level learning outcome 1 Customise nutritional and dietetic intervention strategies based on a systematic assessment process.
Programme-level learning outcome 2 Provide practical information, education, advice and instruction to assist decision making on food/diet and lifestyle in individuals or groups.
Learning outcome 2 Technical Nutritional And Culinary Care Provider/Practitioner
Programme-level learning outcome 3 Manage food safety correctly taking into account food hygiene legislation in a responsible way.
Programme-level learning outcome 4 Manage nutrition care policy efficiently in meal service to meet clients’ needs (individuals or groups).
Programme-level learning outcome 5 Apply professional guidelines and food analytical methods for the monitoring of food safety and nutritional quality.
Learning outcome 3 Research
Programme-level learning outcome 6 Use nutrition and dietetic research findings and personal professional experience to support evidence- based practice in dietetics.
Learning outcome 4: Communication And Coaching
Programme-level learning outcome 7 Communicate orally as well as written in a customized, professional and clear way.
Programme-level learning outcome 8 Provide food and diet education as well as counselling and coaching to increase the motivation and well-being of individuals or groups.
Learning outcome 5 Professional Practitioner And Teamwork
Programme-level learning outcome 9 Participate in intraprofessional and interprofessional teamwork in a constructive and active way and formulate input, based on personal professional expertise.
Programme-level learning outcome 10 Realize well-considered, proactive initiatives in a sustainable and innovative way in the context of an organization as well as public relations.
Programme-level learning outcome 11 Adjust continuously personal expertise and quality promoting in healthcare.
Programme-level learning outcome 12 Act in an ethical, legally responsible, flexible, respectful and open attitude in a globalizing society.
A Bachelor (Ba) of Nutrition and Dietetics can, after the successful completion of a bridging program (between 45 and 90 credits), gain access to the following Master Programs:
- Master of Science in Bioscience Engineering Technology in Agricultural and Horticultural Sciences
- Master of Science in Bioscience Engineering Technology in Food Sciences
- Master of Science in Communication Science: Communication Management
- Master of Science in Communication Science: Film- and Television Studies
- Master of Science in Communication Science: Journalism
- Master of Science in Communication Science: New Media and Society
- Master of Science in Engineering Technology in Biochemical Sciences
- Master of Science in EU-Studies
- Master of Science in Health Care Management and Policy
- Master of Science in Health Education and Health Promotion
- Master of Science in Management, Care and Policy in Gerontology
- Master of Science in Political Science
- Master of Science in Sociology