Within the framework of the EU programmes as well as exchanges programmes funded by the Flemish Government, our students get the opportunity to study or to undertake a work placement at a European or an international partner institution or organisation.
Each faculty has cooperation agreements with a number of partner institutions, amounting to 200 Erasmus+ partner institutions within Europa, 18 Erasmus Belgica partner institutions within the Walloon community of Belgium and 13 bilateral agreements with institutions mostly based outside Europe. Similarly, qualitative projects and work placements are offered in the framework of development cooperation.
Making the knowledge triangle work is not an empty slogan for HOGENT. HOGENT is regionally anchored and internationally oriented. We link higher education, research and business for excellence and regional development. For its research and services HOGENT cooperates with regional, national and international partners (business partners, social profit sector as well as the arts sector). Education, research and its valorisation within HOGENT are based within the practice of the (professional) field and society. At the same time expertise is returned to this professional/artistic field. HOGENT focuses on applied research & research in/of arts.
International networks currently play a major part in decision-making processes in and outside Europe. Participation in a network is also essential with a view to future developments in respect of qualitative feedback, professionalization and international accreditation.
HOGENT is a member of the following networks and organisations.
- AACC: American Association of Cereal Chemists
- ACA: Academic Cooperation Association
- ACUA: Association of College & University Auditors
- AEC: European Association of Conservatories
- AHSA: American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- ASTP: Association of European Science & Technology Transfer Professionals
- BFE: British Forum for Ethnomusicology
- BIVEC-GIBET: Benelux Interuniversitaire Groepering van Vervoerseconomen
- CELA: The Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture
- EFAD: European Federation of the Associations of Dietitians
- EAA: European Accounting Association
- EAIE: European Association of International Educators
- EAIR: The European Higher Education Society
- ECLAS: European Council of Landscape Architecture Schools
- EFLA: European Foundation for Landscape Architecture
- EFLE: European Forum Of Logistics Education
- ELIA: European League of Institutes of the Arts
- ETS: Educational Testing Service
- EUFETEC: European Feed Technology Center
- EURASHE: European Association of Institutions in Higher Education
- EURATEX: European Apparel and Textile Confederation
- EUROPEA: Association of Agricultural Education in Europe
- FIABCI: The International Real Estate Federation
- The Galpin Society
- GSE: Guide Share Europe
- IADAT: International Association for the Development of Advances ...
- IAML: International Association of Music Libraries
- IAU: International Association of Universities
- ICED: International Consortium for Educational Development
- IFLA: International Federation of Landscape Architects
- IFLA: International Federation of Library Associations
- IIA: The Institute of Internal Auditors
- IMHE: Programme on Institutional Management in Higher Education
- ISHS: International Society for Horticultural Science
- IMS: International Musicological Society
- KVNM: Koninklijke Vereniging voor Nederlandse Muziekgeschiedenis
- MLA: Music Library Association
- NECTAR: Network on European Communications and Transport Activities ...
- OBUG: Oracle Benelux User Group
- SPACE: European Network for Business and Language Studies
- VLEVA: Vlaams-Europees verbindingsagentschap
- VVM: Vereniging voor Muziektheorie